Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy New Year To You All !!

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New Year's Eve!

I have had a wonderful break with my husband and children. We spent Christmas day and the following week celebrating Christmas with our families and after the new year we spent some time with Paul's family in Ocean Grove. We spent a lot of time at the beach which was fantastic. The evenings were spent drinking copious amounts of alcohol and eating all those delicious things that you know you're going to regret later...... yep, gotta lose a couple of kilos now. I'm now feeling very relaxed and ready to start 2010.

I recently took part in another "swap" (a small group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators make a
card and we give each other a copy of the card we have made). We each had to design a card using products from the new Summer Mini Catalogue.

This is the card I designed. I've used the I {heart} Hearts stamp set and the 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain ribbon from the summer mini. I stamped the hearts using Real Red, Tangerine Tango and Pretty in Pink ink. The card stock is textured Tangerine Tango, Real Red and Whisper White. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show the colours as they really are.

The hearts were punched out using the Heart to Heart punch and then glued onto the Whisper White card. I added a dimensional to the larger hearts.

Valentine's Day covered!!








14 Demonstrators took part in the swap, so I had to make 14 cards - yes a lot of punching!!

I will post a photo of the cards I received from the other Demonstrators. They are lovely.

No comments: