Friday, April 16, 2010

Maureen's Thank You Cards

Hi there, sorry it's been a few weeks since my last post.  What with Easter, the whole family having gastro, school going back and an intense swimming programme for the kids, I haven't really had  much time to update my blog.  Okay, apologies over, I'll show you what  I have found time to do.

Do you remember the card and gift voucher holder that I made for a friend's 60th birthday? (click here if you don't).  Well, Maureen liked the card so much that she asked me to make her thank you cards in the same colours and layout.  This is what I came up with...

I've embossed Whisper White card stock with the  SU Perfect Polka Dots textured impressions embossing folder and adhered it to a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock.

The flower is cut from the new Vintage Vogue stamp set using the Rich Razzleberry and Orchid Opulence stamp pads.  I've adhered the flower with a brass brad to Orchid Opulence and Rich Razzleberry card stock and a piece of the new Rich Razzleberry polka dot grosgrain ribbon.  The gorgeous leaf has been cut from the SU Little Leaves sizzlits die and glued behind the flower.  I stamped the thank you message from the new Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set and punched it out with the window punch.  Maureen was very happy with the end result.

Ohh - did I mention that she needed 45 of them!!



No comments: