Saturday, June 12, 2010

1st Birthday - Inkspirations Sketch #27


Today I decided to try my hand at another sketch challenge.  This sketch was set by Makeesha Byl and, as I had to make a 1st birthday card for a friend, I thought I'd use Makeesha's sketch to get my creative juices flowing.

Here's the sketch:
And here's my take on it:
Materials used: 
Card stock - Apricot Appeal, Tangerine Tango, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
DSP - Washington Apple, Patterns Pack II (hostess gift)
Ink - Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron
Accessories - Button Bouquet buttons, sml Metal Edge Tag, Linen Thread

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Renée said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE! Love love love the colours you've chosen and the super cute waves under the boat!

Pam S said...

I love this card!! It's just so cute, and I really like the way you've used textured paper for the water. Love the bright colours and the use of Washington Apple DSP. Great minds think alike. ;-)

Sharnee Torrents said...

This is AWESOME!! THose waves and the colour choice and the little brads, all of it is wonderful!
Smiles SHarnee :0)

Christine Blain said...

What a gorgeous, colourful, card! Love everything about it, Karen - great job with the sketch.