Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Simple Birthday Thanks

Last year all three of my children had birthday parties (I know, what were we thinking??).  With parties come gifts so I purchased the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp to make thank you cards for all the guests that attended each of the birthday parties - did I finish the cards - no - but that's another story....

Anyway, I was looking at the stamp the other day thinking it was a shame that I hadn't used it for it's intended purpose, and that I probably wouldn't use it again until we celebrated another birthday.

All of a sudden I realised that it didn't have to only be used as a thank you stamp.

Using a black marker I coloured all the lines of the cupcake that I wanted to stamp.  I stamped the image onto pretty in pink and whisper white card stock, and bashful blue and whisper white card stock.

How cute are these cards??   I've now got a selection of cards on hand for the birthday parties my kids get invited to AND I'm using a stamp that I originally only thought could be used as a thank you stamp.

I've used the square lattice embossing folder (from the Summer Mini Catalogue) on so saffron card stock behind the cupcake.  I love this embossing folder!!  The numbers were created from the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies.  I used red fine galaxy glitter as the sprinkles and the number and cherry were created with real red card stock.
Don't forget that Sale-A-Bration and the Summer Mini Catalogue end on the 31st of March.


1 comment:

Leonie said...

These are gorgeous Karen, good use of the stamp!