Friday, December 4, 2009

Get Well

I said I'd be back. Can you believe it? And so soon too. Let's hope I can keep this up....

My father-in-law was recently admitted to hospital to have an operation. Thankfully he is okay and making a speedy recovery. To help cheer him up the kids and I made him get well cards. Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the cards the kids made (in fact Holly lost her card before we even got a chance to give it to Pa, let alone take a photo of it - lol) but they were all very cute and Pa enjoyed them.

I made my card using the Lovely As A Tree stamp set. You really can't go past this stamp set for male cards in my opinion. It is a versatile set and could be used for cards for Christmas, sympathy, get well, retirement, thank you - you get the picutre, it's a versatile stamp set.

I've also used the Weathered background stamp which, again, I think is great to use for male cards.

Cardstock - Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive.
I've coloured the tree using markers (Chocolate Chip and Old Olive) and used a dauber with Chocolate Chip ink to colour the edges of all the card stock.

Finally, I punched out a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock with the large oval punch and adhered it to the bottom edge of the card and then added a clip with a piece of linen thread tied to it over the Choc Chip punch. I then stamped Get Well Soon (not sure now which stamp set this was from), punched it out and added it to the card with a dimensional.

Nice hey?

Okay, that's it for another day. I'll be back again soon.

No comments: