Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cards in the Spotlight

At this month's Technique Tutorial we made cards using the spotlight technique.  This technique is supposed to look like you are shining a light on to part of a stamped image to "light it up" - like it's in the spotlight.

Do you think we achieved this?

This first card uses the gorgeous hydrangea stamp from the the level 1 hostess stamp set Because I Care.

Here's a close up of the spotlight technique:  This image was coloured with blender pens and ink from the fantastic selection of Stampin' Up!'s stamp pads.

For the second card we used another gorgeous stamp set, Elements of Style.  I think I'll be using this stamp set for several more techniques so I hope you like it as much as me....

And here's another close up of the technique:  This image was coloured with markers.

At October's Technique Tutorial we'll be learning colouring with watercolour crayons.  Click on the classes tab at the top of this page for class dates and times.

I (FINALLY) used my brand new owl punch today, so stay tuned for some cute owl cards in the near future.

No comments: